Professionals performing GreenPro certified service are hyper-conscious of the role they have in protecting the environment. They have passed a national exam on integrated pest management (IPM) and are prepared to give you a service that meets your current needs while anticipating future concerns.
Companies offering GreenPro certified services are committed to providing a service that is least-risk to people, property, and the environment. The GreenPro certified service must adhere to the following principles:
- Focusing on integrated pest management (IPM) strategies such as habitat modification, exclusion, removal of food and water sources, sanitation and making repairs
- Providing and documenting thorough pest inspection and monitoring services, as well as follow-up to ensure efficacy
- Regularly communicating with clients about pest infestations, conducive conditions and ways to prevent pests
- Requiring GreenPro training for all company employees who sell or perform GreenPro service
Services that include any of the following will not be certified as GreenPro:
- Preventive pesticide applications that are based solely on the calendar*
- Routine, high-volume pesticide applications without justification
- Indoor pesticide applications without justification
- Rodenticides placed in a manner in which they are accessible to children and nontarget animals
*Preventive applications linked to seasonality or times of year are permissible if they are clearly linked to the biology of the pest, and regional- or site-specific data on pest pressure and patterns of infestation
The program standards are developed, reviewed and governed by an independent advisory committee composed of environmental advocacy groups, state and federal government representatives, education experts, and pest professionals.
GreenPro certified services meet the pest management requirements of the Green Restaurant Association and LEED O&M IPM Standard.